Nicholson Flat File Second Cut
- Flat files, which are of rectangular cross section and have double cut teeth
- Used wherever metal must be removed rapidly and finish is of secondary importance
- Flat files are slightly tapered toward the points in both width and thickness and are cut on both sides
- American pattern
- Flat files are used for rapid material removal and general purpose applications.
- Second cut files have a medium coarseness. They are used for intermediate smoothing and finishing work.
- Double cut files consist of two sets of teeth crisscrossing each other at opposite angles. They are used for heavy stock removal.